Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oktoberfest Beer Stein Cake

Another Oktoberfest for my husband, another opportunity to try new techniques on a cake!

 


For our Oktoberfest party this year I decided on making  Black Forest Cake (rich chocolate cake with cherry filling).   I just bought a cake decorating airbrush and wanted to experiment with it a little more.  I painted a fondant covered plastic pipe anchor for the handle of the stein and the fondant frosting with several colors (gold, yellow, and brown).  I thought that would give it a nice speckled antique look.  I hand piped our families crest and shield on the Stein (next time I would use royal icing).  I wanted the butter cream frosting on top to look frothy, so I took a torch to it.  Wasn't quite sure how that would work out, but it turned out great! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment