Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chinese Takeout Cupcakes


I saw these cupcakes in a cupcake book and just had to try them.  My April Fools Girls Night Out Party was the perfect opportunity!  I gave them away as door prizes.

So lets talk about the Chinese takeout boxes first.  I put paper towels in the bottom of the box to elevate the cupcakes.  Each box contained three cupcakes with butter cream frosting.  The Chinese noodles are piped butter cream and I formed the meat and broccoli out of candy.  The fried rice is actually rice crispy treats with candy veggies.

The fortune cookie cupcakes were dulce de leche with caramel meringue butter cream frosting.  The cookies were made of a caramel chew that I rolled out and cut with a circle cookie cutter.  I printed out fortunes that read: "sweet treats are in your future".  Big hit of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment